Rhubarb And Watermelon Fruit Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
A bright, tangy and honey-sweetened salad that you’ll want to pass around in one jar, with umpteen forks.
- Rhubarb – 1 pound, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- Watermelon – 2 cups, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- 1 lime – Zested and juiced
- In a large bowl, add the sliced rhubarb.
- Zest the lime and set the zest aside.
- In a small saucepot, bring the honey and water to a simmer until it is full incorporated. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the simple syrup. Continue to simmer until it is reduced by a third in volume.
- Pour the simple syrup over the rhubarb and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cube the watermelon and toss in with the rhubarb. Toss in the lime zest last.
- Serve in a bowl or pack in jars for easy transportation to your favorite picnic spot.