Peach, Basil And Bubbles…
You will agree that we all love local fruit. Peaches and basil go great together, even more so when you add some sweet bubbly. Make sure you make large batches of this one because everyone’s going to want a second. And a third. And a fourth…
- 4 peaches
- 4 nectarines
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 cups sweet sparkling wine
- 2-3 cups ice
- Cut the peaches and the nectarines in half and remove the pits.
- Cut into cubes and place in a blend with the basil and a little bit of water to loosen.
- Pass through a fine sieve and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the peach puree and the ice in a blender and blend until combined.
- Serve in chilled glasses topped with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with basil leaves.