Improve Your Immunity With Homemade Syrup
Ginger is excellent remedy for upset stomach, colds, viral infection and infected throat. Do you use it often in your food? Do you know that you can improve your immunity with homemade syrup from ginger?
If your answer is NO, we recommend to include it more often, even daily because is great for body and health. In the morning, grate a tablespoon of ginger and add it in lukewarm water with a little lemon. It will help you have better digestion. Therefore you can also drink ginger in tea with a little lemon in it. Or add lemon, ginger and sesame over salmon and cook it on medium temperature in foil. This meal is healthy and also very tasty.
Ginger can be also added in desserts, and is excellent in combination with apples, carrots, peaches and chocolate.
For health goals we recommend this recipe for homemade syrup with ginger and honey.
- One large ginger root, peeled and chopped into cubes
- Six glasses of water
- One coffee cup with wildflower honey
Place ginger in a pot of boiling water on medium temperature and cook from 45 minutes to 1 hour. During that time the water in the pot will shrink to two cups. Add honey, stir with a wooden spoon and cook for another 15 minutes on low temperature.
Store the resulting syrup in glass jar and keep it in refrigerated – it would last in this form for few weeks.
How the consume it?
- Add a teaspoon of the syrup in a glass of mineral water and a drop of a lemon too.
- In one cup of warm water add a teaspoon of syrup and drink it as a remedy for colds.
- Add one to two teaspoons of syrup in mustard and sesame and consume it with grilled chicken steak or with pieces baked salmon.